Apply the NDIS Code of Conduct to infection control
• Know your role and duty to help people stay infection free
• Be aware of the chain of infection including key modes of transmission
• Know why many people with disability are more vulnerable to infection
• Know how to follow standard and additional precautions and the importance of them to minimise the risk of spreading infection.
• Know where to find more information on infection control and prevention
DSC are working with TAFEs across Australia on Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) pathways for our Support Worker training resources. This means that completing some modules and providing other evidence of learning and experience can reduce the amount of time needed to complete units within the Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).