Need an updated Police Check so you can apply for a job at LCS?

What To Do

Follow the directions below carefully to obtain a Police Check via our self-service portal.

  • Read the disclaimer carefully on the opening page and take note that clicking yes will be considered your consent for a national police check to be lodged.

  • Fill in the form on the following page taking extra care with personal information as once the check is submitted to the national police we cannot edit or change any personal information.

  • Make payment of $35.50 via credit card payment.

  • Forward an email to us with your certified ID (see below list for acceptable documentation)

  • Once we receive your email and ID we will lodge your check.

  • As soon as the check is processed, we will contact you and advise how to proceed

Obtain Certified Copies

Take your original ID documents and a copy to any person listed below for certification. You will then need to send us the copies (attached to an email, or posted, whatever is easiest for you.)

  • Registered Pharmacist

  • Teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution

  • Postal Manager or at Selected Australia Post Outlets

  • Police Officer at a local police station

  • A currently Registered Nurse

  • Member of a recognised professional accounting body or a Registered Tax Agent

  • Manager of a bank or credit union, other than managers of Bank Travel Centres

  • Barrister, Solicitor or Patent Attorney

International Police Check?

Have you lived overseas for a period of 12 months or longer in any country other than Australia in the last 10 years? If yes, you will need to provide an International Police Check for each country of residence.

If you need to apply for one of these, we recommend you visit fit2work. 

List of Acceptable ID

  • Full Australian Birth Certificate (not an extract or birth card)
  • Current Australian Passport (not expired)
  • Australian visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist
  • ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enroll in services
  • Certificate of identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
  • Document of identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes
  • Certificate of evidence of resident status
  • Current Australian Driver’s Licence, Learner Permit, or Provisional Licence issued by a state or territory, showing a signature and/or photo and the same name as claimed
  • Australian Marriage Certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant issued certificates are not accepted)
  • Current passport issued by a country other than Australia with a valid entry stamp or visa
  • Current proof of age or photo identity card issued by an Australian Government agency in the name of the applicant, with signature and photo
  • Current shooters or firearm licence showing a signature and photo (not minor or junior permit or licence)
  • Current student identification licence with a signature or photo (for persons under 18 years with no other Primary Use in Community Documents)
  • Certificate of identity issued by DFAT
  • Document of identity issued by DFAT
  • Convention travel document secondary (United Nations) issued by DFAT
  • Foreign government issued documents (for example, driver’s licence)
  • Medicare Card
  • Enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission
  • Security guard or crowd control photo licence
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card
  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card
  • Consular photo identity card issued by DFAT
  • Photo identity card issued to an officer by a police force
  • Photo identity card issued by the Australian Defence Force
  • Photo identity card issued by the Australian Government or a state or territory government
  • Aviation Security Identification Card/Maritime Security Identification card
  • Credit reference check
  • Australian tertiary student photo identity document
  • Australian secondary student photo identity document
  • Certified academic transcript from an Australian university
  • Trusted referees report
  • Bank Card
  • Credit/Debit Card
Back to Apply