Our employees are committed to assisting people with a disability to achieve their goals, pursue their interests, develop new skills, and create and maintain meaningful engagement within their home and community environments. They enjoy the everyday support of a devoted Service Coordination and Management Team, ensuring they are equipped and ready to provide exceptional, safe, quality services.
We believe in and value the human rights of all people, regardless of their ability or social diversity. Our Support Workers are closely matched with the preferences of each person we support, ensuring that the support we provide is dedicated to an overall service that is centred around them – their rights, their choices, their goals, their dignity and their empowerment.
LCS was founded on this these values – they ensure that Lifestyle Centred Services continues to grow while maintaining our strong reputation as a truly dedicated disability service provider.
Successful applicants will have provided the necessary paperwork we need to ensure the safety and quality of our services, have undergone a successful interview, and will have a shadow shift “meet and greet” with a prospective client to ensure that the match is just right.
To be successful, you will:
- Be enthusiastic
- Be reliable
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have clear and effective communication skills
- Show attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Be self-motivated
- Have a positive and professional manner
- Be flexible, have the right attitude and a desire to learn and grow
- Match the preferences of the client requiring support
- Tertiary qualifications are desirable as the disability support landscape continues to evolve, grow and change. If you have relevant qualifications in Disability, Mental Health, Aged Care, Community Services, Nursing, Health or a related field, please forward us your certificate of completion and course transcript with your application.
- If you are in Victoria, registration with the Victorian Disability Worker Commission.
- Experience in disability support, or a related field.
- Experience in the health or allied health sector.
- National Disability Worker Screening Check*
- If you would like to work with children, Working With Children’s Check (Victoria) or Blue Card (Queensland)
- Accredited First Aid
- Accredited CPR
- Completed Application for Employment
- Signed Position Description
- A cover letter and resume including 2 references
- Evidence of your ability to work within Australian (Australian Passport/Birth Certificate/Australian Citizenship Certificate or International Passport & Visa)
- A current Australian Driver’s License
- If you have lived or worked overseas in the last 10 years, we will require a certified copy of an International Police Check, or evidence of having applied for one. This must cover the entire period you were overseas.