Become a Support Worker
Lifestyle Centred Services was founded in 2013, and is an NDIS, TAC and DHHS registered provider of a range of supports to people with a disability throughout Metropolitan and Regional Victoria, and on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
Our employees are committed to assisting people with a disability to achieve their goals, pursue their interests, develop new skills, and create and maintain meaningful engagement within their home and community environments. They enjoy the everyday support of a devoted Service Coordination and Management Team, ensuring they are equipped and ready to provide exceptional, safe, quality services.
We believe in and value the human rights of all people, regardless of their ability or social diversity. Our Support Workers are closely matched with the preferences of each person we support, ensuring that the support we provide is dedicated to an overall service that is centred around them – their rights, their choices, their goals, their dignity and their empowerment.
LCS was founded on this these values – they ensure that Lifestyle Centred Services continues to grow while maintaining our strong reputation as a truly dedicated disability service provider.
Successful applicants will have provided the necessary paperwork we need to ensure the safety and quality of our services, have undergone a successful interview, and will have a shadow shift “meet and greet” with a prospective client to ensure that the match is just right.
To be successful, you will:
- Be enthusiastic
- Be reliable
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have clear and effective communication skills
- Show attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- Be self-motivated
- Have a positive and professional manner
- Be flexible, have the right attitude and a desire to learn and grow
- Match the preferences of the client requiring support
- Tertiary qualifications are desirable as the disability support landscape continues to evolve, grow and change. If you have relevant qualifications in Disability, Community Services, Health or a related field, please forward us your certificate of completion and course transcript with your application.
- Experience in disability support, or a related field.
- Experience in the health or allied health sector.
*See more about transitional arrangements here: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/providers/worker-screening/interimarrangements.
**A certified copy is a copy of an original document that has been authorised as being a true copy of the original document. http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form//Immi-FAQs/who-can-certify-a-copy-of-a-document
Pre-Employment Training required for all applicants:
The below courses are mandated for all Disability Service Providers. LCS takes these requirements very seriously as a means to ensure our clients are provided safe, quality services. All training below is offered free of charge.
If you would like to be considered for roles supporting clients funded by the TAC, we also will require the below: